Bartholomew Medical Group PPG
Terms of reference
(As agreed by the PPG meeting 4th June 2013)
- To facilitate good relations between the Practice and patients by communicating patients' experience, interests and concerns and by providing feedback to the Practice on current procedures and proposed new developments.
- To help maintain good relations and communication between the Practice, the local community and other bodies.
- To explore ideas identified from patient surveys.
- To be a forum for ideas on health promotion and self-care.
- To evaluate and review the effectiveness of the PPG not less than once a year. These Terms of Reference may be reviewed according to emerging needs.
Members of the PPG make a commitment to respect Practice and patients' confidentiality at all times.
- This meeting is not a forum for individual complaints and single issues.
- We advocate open and honest communication and challenge between individuals.
- We will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group.
- Silence indicates agreement – speak up, but always go through the chair.
- No phones or other disruptions.
- We will start and finish on time and stick to the agenda.
- All members are equally important and all opinions should be respected
- Discrimination on any grounds will not be tolerated
- Matters discussed within the room should be assumed confidential unless otherwise stated